Saturday, December 11, 2010

Course Correction

I have been sporadically blogging about values and have been going through a major trial over the last several months, not unlike our country. I am finding it difficult to live within my means, but God continues to provide.

I write this blog today because I see our country floundering in the face of its current challenges.

What do we know: 1. We are in a recession; 2. We as a nation are fast becoming a debtor nation; 3. Possession (in the U.S.) is often perceived as ownership; 4. We can't borrow our way out of debt; 5. God, innovation, freedom, and responsibility are some of the major contributors to our nation's greatness; 6. The adage "insanity is doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results", while it may not be an actual quote, is an accurate statement.

We need to once again become a godly nation. We need to once again become a producing, servant nation. We need to once again become an educated nation. We need to once again become a nation that not only calls the name of God, but that respects the name of God. We need to once again do things to glorify God, not to ingratiate ourselves. We need to put first things first.

I pray that we will make decisions not only for the short term, but with eternity in consideration. I don't want anyone to suffer, but I REALLY don't want us to lose our country BECAUSE we did not want anyone to suffer.

"Dear Lord, please bless us to serve You in spirit and in truth, and to serve each other even as Christ served the people of His time. Help us to make decisions out of love, and not out of fear or self-aggrandizement. Bless us, that we may be a blessing, first to You, and then to those we serve. In Jesus name I pray, Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment